52B Mixing2 - Resources
This Resources Page contains valuable information you will need as a student in this class. You should bookmark this page in your browser.
- 1 Communication Channels
- 2 Tech Support
- 3 Textbook, Software and Equipment
- 4 Computer Requirements
- 5 Computer Labs at Foothill College
- 6 Required Textbook
- 7 Recommended Textbook
- 8 Required Website Accounts
- 9 Required Video Subscriptions
- 10 Suggested Equipment
- 11 File Downloads
- 12 Exercise Files
- 13 Media Files
- 14 Multitrack Library
I respond to emails sent to email@example.com within 2 business days, and often on the same day sent.
- On Campus Office Hours
- Mondays 3PM - 5PM
- Virtual Office Hours
- Schedule Appointment
- One-On-One Meetings can be Phone or Zoom
- 7 Days a week
- 1PM - 10PM
- Support Channel - Preferred
- Cell Phone
- Canvas Messaging - please avoid using
- Closed Facebook Group
- Canvas Announcements
- Please be proactive and GO TO the Canvas Announcements. Read recent announcements and all the archives. Don’t depend 100% on email notifications.
- San Jose Recording Studio
- 458A Reynolds Circle
- San Jose, CA 95112
- Studio Tours available by appointment.
- Al Ruffinelli - Foothill Staff
- Al can help install software and troubleshoot hardware issues
- Mon - Fri 10AM - 7PM
- Call Sweetwater
- Great tech support for ALL issues!
- (800) 222-4700
- Call Avid
- Avid always resolves the issue 100%
- 888-456-3444 or 978-275-2555
There are many people in the Bay Area that can help you for a reasonable price.
Textbook, Software and Equipment
Although most of the online content in this class can be accessed with mobile devices, some of the content and apps require a desktop or laptop computer.
- Mac or Windows Operating System.
- Any of the major browsers, preferably all three:
- Google Chrome (recommended)
Computer Labs at Foothill College
The Foothill College campus features two labs fully loaded with the latest version of Pro Tools and multimedia software applications. Online students are always welcome to join any of the face-to-face lectures or activities on the Foothill campus as your schedule permits.
- IDEA Center Room 1211
- Krause Center of Innovation offers a spacious Multimedia Lab with a Cafe and beautiful view.
- Mixing with Impact: Learning to Make Musical Choices 1st Edition
- Author: Wessel Oltheten
- Kindle: $49.56
- ISBN-13: 978-1138080898
- ISBN-10: 1138080896
- ASIN: B07BRLWBP6
- Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio, 2nd Edition
- Author: Mike Senior
- Kindle: $37.52
- Publisher: Routledge; 2 edition (August 6, 2018)
- ISBN-13: 978-1138556379
- ISBN-10: 1138556378
Required Website Accounts
- Foothill College Online Learning Management System.
- MusicTechWiki Account
- Wiki website designed to support MusicTech classes. Signup for free.
- Create-MTW-Account (Links to an external site.)
- Secret wiki-code CAPTCHA provided in Canvas.
- Google Account (Links to an external site.)
- We use Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Calendars in our Music Tech classes.
Required Video Subscriptions
- Mixing and Mastering with Pro Tools
- Author: Brian Lee White
To watch these videos you will need either:
- PureMix Free Account
- A free subscription to PureMix is REQUIRED in all our Music Tech classes.
Suggested Video Subscriptions
Here are some key pieces of equipment for putting together a home studio.
- USB thumb drive required for plugin licenses
- Very useful to have a good set of headphones
- Audio Interface
- Better than sound card built into your computer.
- MIDI Keyboard Controller
- External Speakers
- Sounds better than speakers built into your computer
- Microphone - Dynamic or Condenser
- Acoustical Panels
- GIK Acoustics
- Quality products at great prices
- Reference Mixes Library
- Download HD music files
- Full Mixes