52B Mixing2 - Start Here
Welcome to the 52A Mixing II Class
Hi, my name is Bruce Tambling and I am the Co-Director of Music Technology at Foothill College.
Here are a few things about me. I am an award winning musician, producer, audio engineer, composer, video editor, entrepreneur, web developer and teacher with many years of professional experience in the content creation industry. I have performed internationally on drums, percussion and keyboards in many genres including jazz, classical, rock, funk, electronic and world music. Audio engineering and production credits include hundreds of albums for major record labels featuring: Motown, Windham Hill, Sony, BMG, Atlantic, Tommy Boy, Warner Brothers. Dialog editor credits include: Jeff Bezos, Quincy Jones, Sally Fields, Jack Welsh, Bill Gates and President Jimmy Carter.
I have also composed original music soundtracks for many feature films, documentaries, video games, commercials and TV shows including: 20th Century Fox, New World Pictures, PBS, CNN, NBC, HBO, NASA, Apple Computer, Nissan, and BMW. Currently, I am the Co-Director of Music Technology at Foothill College, and I continue to actively engineer and produce music while owning and operating one of the top recording studio facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
"If it sounds good... it is good" ...so let's get started!
458A Reynolds Circle
San Jose, California 95112
Read the Syllabus
The course syllabus will provide you with the course schedule, course objectives, explanations of assignments and assessments, grading policies, and instructor contact information. Please read it carefully. You should have a deep familiarity with the schedule and process of the course.
Getting to Know Canvas
Getting Prepared for the Class
I know you are excited and ready to start class. These are a few of the required items so you can start making your checklist. The full list along with suggestions and recommendations on where to obtain software and equipment can be found in the class Syllabus or on the class Resources Page.
Required Website Accounts
- MusicTechWiki Account - If you don't already have one, instructions on how to obtain an account is located in this week's assignments.
- Google Account - We use Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Calendars in our Music Tech classes.
- Any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) - Including Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Love, FL Studio, Cubase, Digital Performer, Reaper, GarageBand etc.
- Screen Capture Software
- MP3 Conversion Software
Questions, Office Hours, Support, Help
There are lots of ways to get help with the course work of this class listed on the Resources Page. I respond to emails sent to email@example.com within 2 business days, and often on the same day sent. Please AVOID using Canvas Messaging.
- Mondays from 3PM to 5PM (On Campus)
- Virtual Office Hours 7 days a week - 1PM to 10PM (Available by Phone or Zoom - Schedule an Appointment)
Support Channel (Preferred)
This system creates a support ticket to insure I can resolve your issues and requests.
- A simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you put the course name in your email and sign the email with your full name.
- Open a Tambling Support Form Request ticket on Zendesk.
Sign The Census Survey
Please do this on the FIRST day of class. If you DO NOT want to be DROPPED, it is very important that you show some "evidence of participating" ASAP.
Click the NEXT button below to get started.